Magazine Cover Review

 I have never really gotten into magazines. They never interested me and I just never found one I enjoyed reading, and kept my attention. I didn't realize how many different ones there were and how none of them are the same. There is one for literally every type of person and any interest. We reviewed a handful of magazines from all different companies. Personally, I enjoyed the celebrity guest magazines the most, but they were all interesting. The cover of a magazine can make or break the magazine and who buys it.- It is the first thing that catches the eye of readers, so it has to make an impact on them.

The first one we looked at was Oprah's magazine, and she was right on the cover. I don't really know much about her, but there was a cute dog on the front with her, so I liked that. It was very colorful and I noticed that the color of the letters in the title matched her sweater. This magazine seemed like it was more aimed at older/middle-aged women because those are the types of people that usually take an interest in Oprah.

The second magazine we looked at was a cosmopolitan article featuring Joey King. I know a lot about her because she starred in a movies I really enjoyed like "The Kissing Booth". She was standing on a hill posing in a very nice outfit and makeup, which is new because she is known as very natural and casual, so that surprised me. This magazine was probably more for teens like me because the movies she's in are more for younger audiences

 We also read GQ, and the issue was on Travis Scott, who I love also. He is a great musician, and has become very popular recently. His abs and tattoos stood out a lot on the cover, and the text was like flaming. This cover page was probably my favorite out of all of the ones we looked at.

Another magazine we looked at was rolling stone and had Lil Baby on the front. I don't really know him, but I do know he makes music. This cover just stood out to me a lot also because he was standing on a wall with grafitti painted all over it in a place where the riots took place, and on the content page there was a woman who wrote a song about the protests.

The last magazine we talked about that I found somewhat interesting was the "Conde Nast Traveller" article. The cover page had bright orange lettering, so I thought that was brave and very different. I have always been interested in traveling and seeing new places, so this magazine definitely caught my attention. There were a bunch of pictures of different places around the world, and I just thought they were beautiful.

Before our activity in class, I never really found an interest in anything like magazines, but now I can actually see how many different things they could be about, and there are multiple that spark my interest.

For inspiration for my portfolio project, I mainly focused on the magazine Southern Living. A lot of the set ups they used I though were great ideas, so that's where I got a lot of my ideas. 











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creativity & Genre

Peer Review