To Team or Not to Team


In the 'Lost at Sea" activity I think I scored everything a lot differently then everyone else because I prioritize different things then the other people I worked with. That is a reason I would not be good working in a team with others. I am headstrong and very set in my ways, so if the people in my group were to not agree with me that wouldn't work well.

In the past, I have come across a lot of drama and disagreements because of working in teams. Usually there are people that don't agree with other opinions, and that does not work out well. Because of that, I chose to work independently for the project. I have my own ideas and I like to be in charge most of the time so it is better for me to work alone. Also, I don't really know anyone very well in this class so I wouldn't trust anyone enough to do their part.

Next, I choose to work by myself on the project because I can do it on my own time, and don't have to rely on others. I have come across problems where I can't get ahold of my partner or they just don't do their part, and I end up stuck with the work. I won't have to go through that stress working by myself because relying on yourself is more reliable then others. You just wouldn't get stuff done as quickly. In "The effect of personality type on team performance" it says, "Deciding to use a team approach is only the first step. Great care must be exercised in building the team to ensure its ultimate effectiveness." This means that in order for your team project to work well, it takes work and with that might come disagreements and probably arguing.

Lastly, it is important that you have trust and an open mind going into working with others. In the article, "Team building and group dynamics: creating and fostering a culture of teamwork requires trust, collaboration, and accountability," it states, "you can have the smartest people, but if they're not playing together, its never going to get you ahead." This goes with what I said about trust because you can't expect everyone to agree with everything, so you have to trust them to not just bail on you because of a disagreement. If you're a closed-minded person, it just will never work in a group.

I examined my friend Victoria's Instagram feed and snapchat and realized that she is not very active on her platforms. I am usually a very social person and I mainly use snapchat stories, not so much Instagram. I only have two posts on Instagram and I never use the stories, but she only ever posts on snapchat, and usually just for people's birthdays. I respect that though because social media can be a very toxic platform, and it is probably for the best she doesn't use it, but snapchat is how I keep in touch with friends I don't see everyday at school. I could do without Instagram


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creativity & Genre

Peer Review