Concept Refinement
My concept is unique, and I haven't ever seen anything similar. I didn't receive much feedback on my topic during my pitch, however someone did suggest doing DIY ideas as well and because of the affordable aspect of my topic, I thought that was a great idea and hadn't thought to do that. I will incorporate that into my project.
Magazine sales have decreased drastically. The reason for this is that "consumers have become more accustomed to the advantages offered by internet-based alternatives (Amy Watson)." It is easier nowadays to just look up information, rather than going all the way to the store to just pick up a magazine. In Magazine Trends for 2020- The Alliance of Print and Digital, it says to get your magazine to sell, “Make it relevant and selling its relevance.” My topic is very relevant to young adults because college students are usually in a lot of debt and need some affordable cute décor for their apartment or home. My idea is unique, so you wouldn't be able to find another magazine like it on the internet. With my magazine idea, it would bring in a new, younger audience, and hopefully get the sales back up, at least by a little.
The magazine article assigned was very inspiring. I really enjoyed reading it. It basically was saying how anyone could be a writer and to not be afraid to do what you love. Race doesn't have anything to do with skill level. It is not anyone else's place to tell you what you can and can't do with your life. You can do anything you put your mind to if you're willing to work for it.
Watson, A. (2019). Topic: Magazine Industry. Retrieved November 20, 2020, from https://www.statista.com/topics/1265/magazines/
Baysinger, S. (2019, November 07). Magazine publishing trends for 2020 – The alliance of print and digital. Retrieved November 20, 2020, from https://www.ovidbell.com/magazine-publishing-trends-for-2020-the-alliance-of-print-and-digital/
Dungy, C. T. (2020). The Abundance, Joy, Beauty, Persistence, Power, and Potential of Independent Publishing: A CONVERSATION WITH SIX BLACK EDITORS. Poets & Writers Magazine, 48(6), 63+. https://link.gale.com/apps/doc/A638300527/AONE?u=fl_sarhs&sid=AONE&xid=da2cf2aeCATEGORY | DETAILS |
Film OR Magazine | Magazine |
Genre | Home improvement |
Target Audience (Be specific) | Young adult women/middle-aged women/adults |
What is your concept? (Be thorough & specific. Review the links on Blackboard) | I want to do interior design for homes. I will show like modern ways of decorating your house and things that I think are good décor that is also affordable. I mainly am targeting young adult women, because the style might suit young women who are just moving away from home after high school and wanting to decorate their apartment or house but aren’t sure what style they want. Usually that age has a lot of student debt and can’t afford the nicest stuff. It might also be good for middle-aged adult women, but the style is not what adults usually go for. |
How did you conceive the idea for this concept? | I was looking through magazines and dint see anything I really like that is kind of my style and I thought that maybe there are others that don’t really like any of those ideas. I also saw how expensive everything was. I want my magazine to be very boho and be how I would decorate my own place. I think there should be a magazine for a younger audience because I don’t think there are many interior design magazines for young adults, and there needs to be thought about more because they are the ones that are getting a new place and starting fresh on their own and probably wanting new ideas. |
What do you believe is unique about your concept? | I think that mine will be unique because most of the writers of magazines like this are older of age and have an older view of modern, but with mine I am younger so readers will get a different perception of what is modern and different ideas then the adult magazines. |
Why do you believe this product will be of interest to your audience? | I think a lot of young adults need help with ideas of how to decorate their house and are indecisive. With my magazine, I will give readers something different to think about and see if they like my ideas more than the classic interior design magazines. |
Comments
Post a Comment